Finished Mei Tai with "If I do this again" Reflections

Here are the pictures of the finished, reversible mei tai, with the zip off hood and pocket on one side. Next time, I would not make the waist strap until the very end so that I could tuck the bottom of the body pieces into the waist strap. That way you wouldn't have to worry about weakening the stitches of the waist strap when wearing it with the scenery side. However, I do love it, and it's super easy to get her in by myself so we can all go play in the feet and feet of snow.  Instruction websites can be found here.

Update:  After walking about 3/4 of a mile to the park and back without the hood zipped on, I realized that the zipper is too rough on her chin and was rubbing her skin.  Poor baby cried the last half of the walk home.  Now I know why! (see the last picture)

Close up of decorative stitching on one side of hood.


















Side One with pocket (Look closely!)

























Side 2: I love this fabric - Moda Wonderland Tea Time Sugar. The brown is Diversitex Terra Organic Cotton Brownie. Both are from Fabric.com) It might show up again as basement curtains!

No comments:

Post a Comment