J's baby quilt

Jovianne's Baby Quilt, 2009 Channuka

                                                                            Top of Quilt

Used blue line embroidery squares from my Great Aunt Jean.  They were mostly finished.  I tried my hand at the blue line embroidery to finish some french knots and some of the lettering.  It's not outstanding, but it's completed.

I already had the fabric with the hexagons and sage with embroidered flowers (an aborted duvet cover for our bed). Just bought the blue w/ green flowers @ JoAnn's for the back and edging.

At the direction of a friend, I finished the final edging seam by hand.  I don't really enjoy sewing by hand, but it does allow you to catch up on law and order. 

Overall, I think this turned out well.  Its a good combination of vintage, modern and femininity.




Both sides shown

























Squares, up close
You can see the nested hexagon quilting I did by machine, using my new walking foot.  So much easier!!! I also embroidered her birth information on the bottom right square using the programmable stitches on my new machine.  Thanks for contributing to the new machine fund, everyone.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment